I wanted to remind everyone who was there, and inform anyone who missed the meeting, that we discussed in broad terms what our club policy should be regarding posting our 3D contest winners on the Internet. Presumably this policy would apply to any other photos that are given to me with the intention of publishing on the website. I’ve drafted an official sounding policy that I’d like to get comments on before we post it as truly official on our official website 🙂
- Photos submitted to PSSCC photo contests may be published on our club website, psscc.org, unless the artist specifically requests that they not be published.
- Artist’s publishing preferences may be submitted on an individual photo basis or as a blanket policy covering all photos submitted by the artist. It is the artist’s responsibility to ensure his/her intentions are understood by PSSCC club members and volunteers responsible for publication.
- Photos will not be published on any other public forum (including, but not limited to social media and photo sharing sites) without the express permission of the artist on a photo-by-photo basis.
- PSSCC club members and volunteers will make a best efforts attempt to comply with all artists’ wishes, and artists agree to indemnify PSSCC club members and volunteers for any perceived or monetary damages in case of any failure to comply with any stated or unstated publishing preferences.
- Submitting images for PSSCC photo contests implies understanding and consent to the club’s publishing policy.
- PSSCC’s publishing policy takes effect January 1, 2015.
January Meeting Reminders
Date: Our January meeting is next Saturday, on January 10.
Contests: We’ll have TWO contests next month:
- Our PSSCC monthly contest theme is: Decorations.
- Our ISCC contest is also this month, and Bob Venezia asked me to pass along the following info:
February will be the next edition of the International Stereo Club Competition and so this month we will need to pick our entries. Bring your best photos that have not previously gotten awards in the competition.
The photos should be parallel format (two images joined together into one file with the left image on the left and the right image on the right). Each of the left and right component images should be 1400×1050 pixels, with the resulting file being 2800×1050. File weight should not exceed 2.5 MB per image. JPEGs and PNGs are acceptable.
For more granular specifics, please refer to:http://psscc.org/iscc-
and good luck!!!
Food: Do you miss the food-craziness of the holidays? Me too! Let’s bring some yummy stuff to our club meeting! The sign-up sheet is ready and waiting for you.